FCF Ambassador Program
Help defeat cancer by becoming an FCF Ambassador and host your own fundraiser for fibrolamellar research. It’s fun, it’s easy and you’d be serving your community in a charitable way. And we can help you! Here are a few ideas:
- Host a Bake Sale
- Throw a Party
- Enter your team in a marathon or road race
- Sponsor a Lunch or Fashion Show
- Lemonade stand
- Yard sale/tag sale
Here is an example of an Ambassador event in Australia… Yes, our reach is that far!
There was a FCF fundraiser in August that the family of Ben Cotton had in his memory: A Sausage Sizzle held at a local Woolworth’s store. Ben lost his battle in June 2012 at the age of 26 years old. Ben passed away 6 weeks before the birth of his daughter.
You can check out past ambassador events which we featured on our home page here. Note: these events are mixed in with various news items so keep scrolling to see them all.
HERE IS A GREAT FCF AMBASSADOR IDEA!
Cycle for Survival raises money for rare cancer research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering. It happens every year during the winter and spring in Boston, Chicago, Connecticut, Long Island, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, San Francisco, New Jersey, and Washington. Check out Cycle for Survival and then contact Lynn to let her know if you would like to be involved in this year’s Cycle for Survival on behalf of FCF. You can form your own team. Matt’s family did as pictured here. The team was called Wear your HelMatt!
HOW WE HELP:
FCF will provide:
- an event banner
- promotional materials
- brochures describing the Foundation
HOW TO ENROLL:
- Send an email to Lynn describing your event concept
- Or call to discuss your ideas
- FCF will send you a form to complete and help with ideas and suggestions.
- All Ambassadors (with their permission) will be highlighted and recognized on this website and a brief biography as well as a description of their valued effort and the results achieved.
- All Ambassadors will be given a FCF T-shirt and baseball hat as well as several “Keep on Tuckin’” wrist bands…and other items as they are produced.
- FCF will send a press release to the local media of your choice.
- All Ambassadors will be recognized on our FACEBOOK page and featured on our website. (FCF was started in the winter of 2009. Get in on the ground floor and help us fight this orphan disease).
WINGED FOOT AMBASSADORS
Since 2009 volunteers have run for FCF in the New York City Marathon. We call them our Winged Foot Ambassadors! Contact Lynn for more information.
Pictured here is Brooke who ran in the NYC Marathon in memory of her brother Jay.
Header photo: Tucker Davis, Founder of FCF, at his annual lemonade stand fundraiser for fibrolamellar research.