Date(s) - April 7, 2021
1:30 pm EDT - 2:30 pm EDT
In this Connect Education Workshop sponsored by CancerCare, the discussion will focus on understanding the how clinical trials work. Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Clinical Trials and Why They Are Important, in the Context of COVID-19
- Understanding Your Treatment Options, including Clinical Trials
- Concerns about Participating in Clinical Trials
- Types of Clinical Trials
- What Happens in a Clinical Trial?
- The Meaning of Informed Consent
- Benefits and Risks of Participation, in the Context of COVID-19
- How and Where Clinical Trials are Conducted
- How Can You Participate in a Clinical Trial
- Specific Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Clinical Trial Participation, in the Context of COVID-19
- Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines for Preparing for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & List of Questions
- Accessing Resources for Clinical Trials
- Questions for the Panel of Experts
Click here for more information or to register for the workshop.